Thursday, December 29, 2011

Brugges, Belgium

Merry Christmas!
It's been a while since we've last spoken, and I'm afraid I have some sad news.  I am afraid my cover as Maika's secret suitcase partner has been compromised!  I was getting ready to hop into her trusty luggage for a trip to Belgium. I'd been saving up all my extra snack points (I'm on the new Weight Watchers plan. That Jennifer Hudson is an inspiration.) for waffles and chocolate when suddenly I was kidnapped!  Well, bearnapped...

A mean gray mouse tied me up and left me in the back of Maika's closet where I could only see old issues of People magazine and mismatched shoes.  Then he jumped in her purse and went on the trip with her instead of me!  I would have been much more upset if Maika didn't bring me back the most delicious chocolate--and if I didn't get a chance to read up on the latest gossip.  That Ryan Gosseling sure is dreamy.

When Randy (the mean gray mouse) returned from his trip, I found these pictures on Maika's camera.  Thought you might enjoy the little bit of Belgium he got to see!
The list of prohibited items in the Chunnel
Maika and Scott traveled from England to Calais, France under the water! The Chunnel (Channel Tunnel) was formally opened in 1994 and is 31.4 miles long! (Don't bring ferrets.)


The Chunnel carries passengers in cars on these sweet trains.  ( I had to find this on Wikipedia, because I was left at home in a closet. Stupid mouse.)

Brugges is the capital and largest city in the province of West Flanders in the Flemish region of Belgium.
The whole city smells like chocolate--just like this giant chocolate aardvark!




 



There's this cool old mote surrounding the whole city where you can take boat rides!

Belgian waffles!  You can get them topped with whatever you like, and people carry them around like funnel cakes!





Randy the Mouse in the lace, for which Brugges is famous.
I bet he thought this was about a mouse...




The good news is I have been freed and will soon be traveling again!  Have a happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment